This has been a huge year for you Henry. You became a big brother, a role you have embraced from the day Felix was born. He already looks up to you and his face has always lit up when you talk to him. I can tell you two are going to have a lot of fun together (and maybe get into a little trouble too :)). I couldn’t ask for a better big brother to Felix, you are caring and compassionate and set a great example.
You’ve always been a good talker but this year you learned how to use your words in more than just the obvious ways of communication. You learned how to make jokes and be sarcastic, you asked in-depth questions about the things going on around you and you began to try and “make conversation” with complete strangers.
You’ve always been friendly and outgoing but this year you encountered situations that in your own words “made you feel a little shy.” And that is OK buddy, we all feel a little shy sometimes. Your dad and I are so proud of you in those situations as we watch you slowly open up as you become more comfortable.
You continued swimming lessons this year and have been swimming short laps in class doing real swimming strokes (frank and murrays :)) with no help from the teacher or any type of flotation. I hope you never lose your confidence in the water. You also started soccer this year and we watched as you got frustrated playing on a team. You’ve told us you never want to play again but I think you just might change your mind.
This year you started telling stories and asking us to tell you stories. You want to hear stories about when dad and I were little (“ tell me a story about a time someone was mean to you when you were a kid” “tell me a story about a time you did something nice for someone”) and we do our best to remember the details of our childhood so we can share it with you. During these stories you often share your worry with me that you’ll have trouble finding a wife and that you just don’t understand why I can’t be your wife. I cherish these little moments we have because I know one day soon you’ll feel completely differently about this subject.
Your love for superheroes, especially Iron Man, has been so interesting to watch this year. You’ve never seen the Iron Man movies but through bedtime stories and books you have asked us all to tell you the story of Iron Man (and others). I love that when I’m telling stories you want to know all about Iron Man’s girlfriend, something you never mention to your dada.
Your love for your family is truly beautiful. You love your grandma Deb, grandpa Jack and grandma Aka with no condition. You get excited at the mere prospect of seeing one of them and we know this is because they are so good to you. Kids see the truth in people and you’ve always been a good judge.
So as your 4th year of life comes to a close I want you to know how proud I am of the person you’ve become and I can’t wait to see what the next year brings. You have taught me so many things and I am so very lucky that I’m the one you call mom.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Love you Henry!
and great job ... mama and dada
gma Deb
Post a Comment