Saturday, September 5, 2009

Happy Birthday Lil Man!

To Henry on his birthday,

You are strong and you are brave. You know you who are and what you want to do.

You are fast. So fast that there I times your pregnant mama can’t even catch you!

You are sensitive and caring. You notice when mom, dad, grandma or anyone that is important to you is feeling down and reassure them that it will be OK.

You are funny. Your timing is impeccable even though you rarely realize it. Your laugh is infectious and can cheer anyone up in seconds.

You are creative. Your imagination runs wild while you play. I hope you never stop telling us your stories that never end.

You are smart. You remember, repeat and understand nearly everything. You can count and you know your ABCs but it’s more than that. You know the way home from Monica’s and you know if someone takes you the “wrong” way. To you “yesterday” and “last year” are interchangeable and I love that about you. You ask really interesting questions and challenge us to find the answer. You teach us at least as many things as we teach you.

You are curious. You always want to learn more about absolutely everything. You ask why the clock can tell us what time it is and how planes get into the sky. You ask where you were at my and dada’s wedding (complete with follow up questions accusing us of leaving you home alone that day). You’re always thinking.

You share your toys and appreciate your friends and family. You say thank you without being prompted because you’re truly grateful.

You are three and everything that comes with it. I know you’ll be the best big brother anyone could ever ask for and you’ll teach your little brother or sister everything you know. When you asked me what your new little brother or sister would be like I said I didn’t know but that I was sure they would be awesome just like you. We’re all extremely lucky to have you in our lives and await each new day and each new stage with excitement.

2 comments:

Jenny Hayes said...

I'm crying! Love you all!
Jen

Jenny Hayes said...

Ok, I made a classroom blog for a class and now my name has changed from Jenny to Mrs..... I need to figure out how to change that : )