Monday, February 16, 2009

I just talked to myself

Kids explain things in such pure ways. The story I'll always remember is when my parents pointed out to me that if I stopped talking aloud while reading the words would still exist inside my head. I seriously had no idea that was possible! So this morning when we had this conversation I was excited to see him grasp a totally new concept.

(the 3 of us were laying in our bed this morning after we had all just woken up)

Henry: "Dada will you read this book for me?"
Bill: "Sure buddy"(opens the book)
Henry: "wait I just talked to myself and I'm hungry"
Bill: "what?"
Henry: "I want breakfast."

3 comments:

gma said...

That is wonderful ... and I will never forget the day when you realized the "words are in your head.

Jenny Hayes said...

That is the cutest HT story I have heard in a long time. Loves and kisses from KS!

Debbie Brigham said...

That is SO CUTE!!!