Thursday, January 29, 2009

The Winds of Change

The winds of change are sweeping through our house. No, I am not speaking of the new administration. I am also not referring to the welcomed longer and longer days. No, our four legged friends have unleashed their coup d'etat!

As most of the readers know we added a lovely cat to our eclectic mix. As a kitten she seemed so sweet and shy... Little did we know of the mastermind she would turn out to be with her excessive plotting and machination. It turns out she is the catalyst of the upheaval; she is the Brain to Lucy's Pinky!

A month ago Henry and I made momma some chocolate chip cookies. The family enjoyed about 6 and left for the day to run errands. On our return we were engulfed in the stinging smell and fog of napalm from their surprise attack. Spread across the floor were crumbs, little remembrances of our (more properly their) tasty treats.

Well, they have struck again. I made Mar a chocolate cake which we each enjoyed a piece of last night(notice the symmetrically cut section.) Today, I went out to shovel the light dusting of snow. When I came back in animals bolted in separate directions and I entered the following crime scene:



It is quite the whodunit!


1 comment:

Debbie Brigham said...

LOL, Damn them!!!
That cake looked good!